Saturday, February 2, 2008

Snow predictions

Well, the storm has now passed. It is funny how they were predicting this HUGE storm! When I was subbing on Thursday a student even came up to me and asked if they could do Friday's work instead of the plans for the day because there wasn't going to be school on Friday. There was even a few cancellations in the area on Thursday night before a snow flake had even fallen! I had been watching weather reports and some were saying we were going to get 6-10 inches and others were saying 5-8. By the time the storm has passed we had a whopping 3 inches!!! I must say I am kind of glad since I am not particulary fond of the white stuff but every one was getting ready for so much more. Oh well, it is pretty but if they are right about tomorrow's temperature it will all be melted tomorrow!

1 comment:

KB said...

I think sometimes the news is quick to jump the gun. They want to create a story where there isn't necessarily one. So, they make a hugh deal about the possibility of snow. It would be better if they allowed things to develop on their own and then report on it.